Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Short Response (Fragment 278, Reality Hunger)


Do Facebook and MySpace reflect the reality? To some extent, they do reflect the reality since people record their daily life, activities, ideas and feelings on the pages. Facebook and MySpace are new ways for people to communicate with each other not just through words but also pictures and videos. On these pages, people can express themselves freely. However, just like the fragment says, “Every page is a bent version of reality.” Some of my friends are different from the real world when using Facebook. Some of them are shy in real world but become good talkers on the internet. Some other people may be too self-conscious and then use software such as Photoshop to edit their photos and post them on their own pages, which cannot be considered as Reality.  The fragment also mentions user-made content on YouTube. Some common people who want to be superstars make their own video then post on YouTube. If the video is interesting enough and can attract lots of viewers, the video-maker can eventually become famous. Also, people who are not singers can become “singers” using Karaoke. As my own experience, when I am singing by using Karaoke, I can sing in my own way to express my unique feeling of this song. In other words, I become self-conscious in those three or four minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment